Welcome to the Virginia Beach Convention Center and Distinctive Gourmet's VBCC Wedding Blog! Our vow is to make your wedding day perfect!


Be sure to "Follow By Email" on the left side of this page to get the latest updates as they are posted.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bridal Spotlight: Chris and Tricia McCord

Photo Credit: Catie's Photography
Name: Chris and Tricia McCord

Wedding Date: April 4, 2009

Ceremony Site: Virginia Beach Convention Center, Meeting Room 1A

Reception Site: Virginia Beach Convention Center, Meeting Room 1 B-D

Photographer: Catie’s Photography

DJ: Tidewater DJs

What first drew you to the VBCC? 


We wanted to get married near the beach. We looked couple of places that were on the water and they were prohibitively expensive.

What made you decide to book?


We decided to go with the VBCC not only because of the price, but because of the level of service we were receiving. We felt as though we were given a larger part in the decisions from the menu to being able to decorate in a way that suited us.

We also really liked that we could have the wedding ceremony and reception in the same place. The guests went in one room for the ceremony, went out into the prefunction for the cocktail hour, and then went right in for the reception. No one had to drive anywhere and there was plenty of room for everyone.

What was your favorite part of planning your wedding? 


Tricia: "My favorite part of planning the wedding was the actual planning believe it or not!. I had a lot of fun comparing cake decorators, photographers, DJs, and florists. I loved picking out everything knowing it was going to be exactly what I wanted."

What was the most challenging part of planning your wedding?


Tricia: "The most challenging part of planning the wedding was having the vision to see it all come together. I had a photographer, DJ, florist, and cake, but how was it all going to come together? I worried about whether or not they would know where to go, if it would get set up. Also, about three months before the wedding I moved out of the area and wouldn’t be around to handle those last minute details if something came up. Having the VBCC staff there really calmed my nerves- I knew that they would help my vendors get in the building and be ready for showtime."

What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day?


Chris: "I will never forget the moment when I first saw Tricia in her dressing walking down the aisle. I felt so lucky to have found somebody so beautiful and that meant so much to me."

Tricia: "I have so many fond memories of my wedding day. It was the best day of my life. Things that stick out are: Feeling beautiful in my dress, walking down the aisle and trying not to cry, saying my vows and believing every word I was saying, dancing with my dad, and just feeling overall relaxed and not worried about a thing."


What was your favorite thing you ate at your wedding reception? 


Tricia: "While we were lining up for the introductions and listening to the DJ tell us what to do I snacked on spinach and artichoke dip and it was amazing. Being that we were married almost 3 years ago, I remember eating my dinner and I remember eating the cake, I remember it was good, but I don’t really remember what those tasted like. I do remember that dip. :)"

What is your favorite photo from your wedding day?  


It’s the one of us at the Veteran's Memorial in front of the VBCC.

Photo Credit: Catie's Photography

What is your favorite part of being married?
Chris: "That I got to marry my best friend. I'm so comfortable around Tricia and simply couldn't imagine being with anybody else."

Tricia: "My favorite part of being married is the security and stability Chris brings to my life. I love having him there when I wake up in the morning and in the evening after work. I love having someone else to mow the lawn, do the dishes, and carry the heavy stuff. I love sharing life’s adventures with Chris."

Anything else you want to share with our blog readers?
Also about the food – we had a little bit of food and drinks in the dressing rooms for the bridal party and it was perfect. Having that little bit to snack on right before the ceremony was just what we needed.


Photo Credit: Catie's Photography

A big THANK YOU to Mr. and Mrs. McCord for sharing their memories with us. Here's to many more years of happiness to you! (And we hope you will think of the VBCC for those Anniversary parties!)

No comments:

Post a Comment