Welcome to the Virginia Beach Convention Center and Distinctive Gourmet's VBCC Wedding Blog! Our vow is to make your wedding day perfect!


Be sure to "Follow By Email" on the left side of this page to get the latest updates as they are posted.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Bridal Spotlight: David and Mackenzie Towell


David and Mackenzie Towell


Wedding Date: 9/22/2012


Ceremony Site: Virginia Beach Convention Center

Reception Site: Virginia Beach Convention Center

Photographer: Keith Bernstien

What first drew you to the VBCC? 

The building is so versitile and open. The location is great for out-of-town guests  because it is right by the beach and it is one of the main buildings in the Hampton Roads area so it is easy to find. The ballroom was my dream room becuase with out any decoration it is gorgeous. This creates a great blank canvas to build what ever wedding you can think of.

What made you decide to book?

Cassie and Darcy made me so confident and excited to have my wedding there. I was completely confident that they would do whatever they could to make me happy and make my day happen. I trusted them so much and I didn't want to go any where else after our first meeting.

What was your favorite part of planning your wedding?
THE FOOD TASTING!! Cassie was awesome about explaing all of the food options and helping me make decisions about my package. When it came to the day of the tasting, I felt like a celebrity. It was sooo fun and stress free. I felt like it was one of the most painless parts of the process with the help of Cassie and Distinctive Gourment.

What was the most challenging part of planning your wedding ?

Keeping my sanity. There is no one thing I remember agonizing over, but everything together was tough. I had lists and notes every where in my house, trying to keep everything straight. Communicating with every one was a challenge as well, all I can say is thank goodness for e-mail and Facebook.

What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day (Bride)?

When I walked down the aisle to my groom. The look on his face when he saw me for the first time in my dress was so sweet. The thing I will always remember is when I walked to him and grabbed his hand, he looked me right in the eyes, his eyes a little watery, and said "You look beautiful"

What was your favorite thing you ate at your wedding reception?

EVERYTHING!! I love food and I had been waiting to pig out for months. The chicken dinner we picked was amazing and I love love loved the hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour.

What is your favorite photo from your wedding day?


What is your favorite part of being married (Bride)?

Having my best friend with me all the time :) and knowing that he always wants to be with me.


Thank you so much for picking us David and Mackenzie! The VBCC was proud to host your special day! What a beautiful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment