Welcome to the Virginia Beach Convention Center and Distinctive Gourmet's VBCC Wedding Blog! Our vow is to make your wedding day perfect!


Be sure to "Follow By Email" on the left side of this page to get the latest updates as they are posted.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bridal Spotlight: Randy and Tyra Woods

Name: Mrs. Tyra N. Woods & Mr. Randy S. Woods


Wedding Date:  January 4, 2014


Ceremony Site:  The Virginia Beach Convention Center (Meeting Suite 1)




Reception Site:  The Virginia Beach Convention Center (Ballroom 3)
Photographer: Will King
DJ: Shelton

What first drew you to the VBCC?
-       
        What drew me to the VBCC was the building. I wanted a venue that made a statement upon entering the grounds. The building is beyond beautiful and was everything I dreamed that I wanted.




What made you decide to book?

-          My husband and I decided to book with the VBCC because the VBCC is a one stop shop. Everything that you would ever need for your wedding is already there for you, from the catering, lighting, dressing rooms, décor. etc. I absolutely fell in love with the Ballrooms and the VIP Suite. After viewing other venues, none compared to VBCC.

 What was your favorite part of planning your wedding? 

-         My favorite part of planning my wedding was working side by side with my mother. My mother was my décor manager and she absolutely wowed me. The night before the wedding my mother actually reviled the ceremony space to me and I cried hysterically like a baby. My mom is my best friend and she provided me with my dream and so much more. 

 What was the most challenging part of planning your wedding? 
-       
           Actually I did not have any challenges while planning my wedding. The VBCC staff were so welcoming, polite, professional, and able to make everything happen that I wanted.



What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day (Groom)?

-          The most memorable moment of my wedding was my wife and my grand entrance into the reception space. The lighting was amazing. It really makes your wedding experience so much better if you have excellent lighting.


What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day (Bride)?

-          The most memorable moment of my wedding day was our balloon drop cascading down on my husband and I during the ending of our first dance. It was absolutely beautiful and Whitlock was able to help install it and my event manager Darcy Potter was able to release the balloons at the perfect time.


What was your favorite thing you ate at your wedding reception?

-          Our guests absolutely loved our food at the wedding and is currently still talking about how delicious everything was. As a young couple we wanted to select a variety of foods that were popular instead of the traditional elegant wedding food. Our favorites was our whole menu but cocktail hour was beyond delicious. We selected  mini cheeseburger slider, scallops wrapped in bacon, and BBQ quesadillas. OMG the food was so good and so filling. My guests were full off of cocktail hour alone. We were so pleased.

What is your favorite photo from your wedding day? 

-          Our favorite photo from our wedding is our Winter Wonderland snowy photo, in which our photographer captured snow actually falling on us inside the ceremony space, but all of our photos are super awesome.


What is your favorite part of being married (Groom)?

-          My favorite part of being married is being able to wake up next to my beautiful, awesome wife every day. My wife completes me and understands me like no one else. She is my dream and I’m so honored to have been divinely designed and destined just for her.



What is your favorite part of being married (Bride)?

-          My favorite part of being married is my husband is truly my best friend.  We were high school sweethearts and dated for 10 years. My husband gets me like no one else. I’m so blessed to have him. He is definitely 1 in a million.



Anything else you want to share?
Future brides book the VBCC, you will be more than satisfied.












Randy and Tyra- Thank You for choosing to spend your magical day with us! We had such a good time! We are so happy that you are happy! Best Wishes!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are amazing! The bride looks so happy and everyone looks like they're having a good time. We've been in search of a reception center lately and yours stood out to us. Great work on the wedding decorations and event planning!

    Gerald Vonberger | http://www.eldredgemanor.com

    ReplyDelete