Welcome to the Virginia Beach Convention Center and Distinctive Gourmet's VBCC Wedding Blog! Our vow is to make your wedding day perfect!


Be sure to "Follow By Email" on the left side of this page to get the latest updates as they are posted.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Bridal Spotlight: Chris and Marijana Buckner

Wedding Date: July 20, 2013

Ceremony Site: Virginia Beach Convention Center

Reception Site:
Virginia Beach Convention Center

Photographer: Chris Jackson

DJ: Asanti Wilson

What first drew you to the VBCC?

I loved how it looked.  The architecture was amazing, the set up was beautiful, and the colors and decorations were outstanding.  When I first walked in, the atmosphere was perfect, and immediately I knew that is where I wanted to get married.  On the plus side, it’s right next to the beach.  You can walk to anything and everything, and not worry about driving. James was very friendly and worked with me knowing that I was out of town.  Once I got to know Cassandra and Darcy, they were just amazing with everything.  So the all over experience was easy and I barely had to stress about anything. The staff is just outstanding.

What made you decide to book?

The beauty, atmosphere and the employees who I worked with.  It was also close to the beach, which is what I loved the most.

What was your favorite part of planning your wedding?  

It was everything,  but mostly the decorations and the set up.  I had this picture in my head that I wanted, and the day of it was more than I imagined.  I felt like a Cinderella at a ball.

What was the most challenging part of planning your wedding?

The only thing was the distance for me.  I live in Northern Virginia, so planning a wedding from far away was a little hard because I wanted to be there all the time, instead

What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day (Groom)?  

Seeing her walk down the aisle.

What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day (Bride)?

Well I had two.  First one was when I received a letter from him right before the ceremony.  I just touched my heart so deep, and that made me realize how lucky I am to marry my best friend in 15 minutes.  Second one was seeing him stand at the alter waiting for me in tears.  It was so hard not to cry...

What was your favorite thing you ate at your wedding reception? OMG, It was the chicken... and the cake.

What is your favorite photo from your wedding day?

We only have silly ones, but this was taken right after the ceremony.  I love it.



What is your favorite part of being married (Groom)?

To me it feels the same just like before, just now she is stuck with me forever. LOL!

What is your favorite part of being married (Bride)?

 I have waited for this forever.  It feels the same, less stress now that the planning is over with.  The security and knowing he is the one I get to spend the rest of my life with.  But like he said, he is stuck with me forever as well. LOL!


Anything else you want to share?  

This day was more than I ever imagined.  Growing up I always said that I wanted a Cinderella wedding, well I for sure got one, and it was better.  I loved everything about it. It was stress free- everyone had a fantastic time- we danced our butts off, drank, and enjoyed every minute of the night. I will treasure it forever.  If it wasn't for my Friend and Wedding Planner Shannon Jennings, and the Staff at the VBCC, this dream would have never come true.




Thank You Chris and Marijana! We wish you the very best of forevers and hope we get to work together again for another event!!

1 comment: